I am a highly skilled IT professional with 20+ years of job experience with a proven record of successful projects up to hundreds of servers running a lot of fairly complicated services that meet the most strict SLA requirements. I love to build and maintain high-availability rock-solid systems that support successful businesses.
I am looking for an interesting remote-only job, close to «one-man-orchestra», solo or in a small team of professionals to share my knowledge and to learn from. Part-time occupation is negotiable.
As a leading engineer, I worked alongside another specialist to successfully implement the most up-to-date development and delivery techniques within the company.
- Literally zero “Code Red” incidents for almost 4 years.
- The most convenient and transparent development pipeline for the product delivery including build tests, test environment sandboxing, staging etc.
- Maximum achievable level of automation of everything that was going to repeat at least three times.
- Extensive monitoring for all the stuff deployed with focus on problem prevention rather than reacting to incidents.
Working on improvements of the monitoring system in terms of coverage, visibility, right metrics collection and interpretation
- Extensive monitoring of the AWS security-related parts with proper alerting
- Increased overall usability of the monitoring tools and dashboards.
- Gained some memorable achievements with web using Hyena
The «Speaking Mind» project was founded as a mobile application startup. This app is intended to free the user’s eyes and hands to other tasks while listening to personal news feeds, including social feeds.
- I was performing CEO and IT functions but failed marketing tasks and proper customer development processes.
- Despite receiving very positive feedback from current users, the application’s target market was not accurately defined and the project ultimately ran out of funding before it reached profitability.
A long way from ‘any-key-support’ to a valued professional. Some noticable achievements below:
- Tourparade (2009-2013): Full-remote office ages before it became a mainstream, including remote workplaces (RDP) and remote telephony (Asterisk). Seamless comms for the company all over the world.
- Tourparade (2012-2013): Leading the new web-site development as a project manager and a product owner. Made this web-site a perfect selling tool which helped increase sales and gain more profit at a great scale.
- Karachaganak Petroleum (~2008): Full-scale BCP/DRP plan for in-house 300 servers and 2000 workplaces as a part of more complex plan for the whole company.
Books, Aviation, Sailing, Travelling